Sunday 1 March 2009

Well, all that worry over the journey and it was actually fine! I took my mum and my daughter, and between us we chatted non stop for 3 hours! I still hate that motorway, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. The new wheel is lovely, and I also got a gorgeous stool too- more of a perching stool really which is so comfortable to sit at whilst at the wheel.
I started on some handmade drop spindles tonight using clay and sticks from the local woods- sounds easy, but once I got started it was much more complicated. I left all my decent brushes at the workshop so had to raid the stash at home. I think my eyes were tired- I made loads of mistakes and had to keep sponging the glaze off. Never mind, I'll have another go tomorrow. It is the canal basin art market in a couple of weeks and I also need to get ready for that too. I have some ceramics done, but need more! There aren't enough hours sometimes! Speak soon, xx

No comments: