Wednesday 6 May 2009

sheep

Oh dear, it's been ages since I wrote the blog! I went to my friends small holding the other day, she has just opened a farm shop there, I got some lovely tomato plants and a hanging basket which has pride of place in the back garden, and detracts nicely from the 1 million bikes currently living on the patio! Anyway, Anita has pregnant sheep ready to lamb at any moment, then, at shearing time, their beautiful fleeces will be mine! They are so gorgeous, I can't wait for a day spent in the garden with a big bath tub and the fleeces washing nicely, with the sun on me and the smell of the countryside in the air! (actually I am the only one who likes the smell- the kids think it is disgusting, but what do they know?!) I am on the look out for a drum carder to prepare them too- the ones on ebay are prohibitively expensive, I am hoping Joab might make one- he does have these flashes of brilliance occaisionally.
Don't forget Ravelry day, coming up soon. I am having a stall for drop spindles, knitted stuff and also a new secret thing we're making- will be reveiled nearer the time (although probably only knitting nerds will find it as exciting as me!!) Speak soon x

No comments: